For each stair lift and company you are considering, compare each of the following points :
- Average Width of track / Track intrusion into staircase
- Width of folded seat and footrest
- Width of open unit in riding position
- Call/send controls - Wireless or Hard-wired
- Fold up Arms - Standard or Optional
- Width of seat between the arms
- Seat back height
- Typical overrun of track at top landing
- Weight Capacity
- Higher Weight Capacity options available
- Travel limits
- Track color
- Seat color options
- Key lock - Standard or Optional
- Drive System
- Adjustable Seat height or Fixed
- AC powered or DC Battery powered
- Cost of Replacement Batteries ? Can you replace the batteries yourself ? Cost of service call to replace the Batteries ?
- Average number of trips on the Battery charge without power
- Swivel at the top landing only or both landings
- Available options - such as Folding or Sliding track, Power Seat swivel, Power Footrest fold, Grocery Basket
- Parts Warranty - typically three different warranties : General Parts Warranty, Battery Warranty, Drive System Warranty
- Labor Warranty
- Extended Labor Warranty Available
- Is 24 / 7 Repair Service available ? How much is the extra fee for after hours service ?
- Manufacturing location
- How long will it take to get the lift installed ?
- Is a permit required ?
- Does the offered price include installation, tax, freight, any required permits, and measuring service?
- How often is Preventative Maintenance recommended and what is the Cost ?